On almost every camping trip, we leave the travel trailer for a bike ride or visit a local attraction. We always lock the trailer, but I am nervous about losing the keys. That is an easy way to ruin the trip. I started looking for a solution and researched RV keyless entry door locks. Here is what I found.
My 5 Best RV Keyless Entry Door Locks for 2021 are:
- RVLock V4 Keyless Entry Handle w/Integrated Keypad & Fob
- Latch.It Rv Keyless Entry Door Lock
- Carmtek – RV Keyless Entry Door Lock Latch Handle
- AP Products 013-509 Electric Travel Trailer Lock
- RUPSE Zinc Alloy RV Keyless Entry Door Lock
There are lots of keyless RV locks on the market these days. There is also a fairly wide price range between them. The cheapest one we researched was priced at about $100 (that one didn’t make this list.)
The most expensive was around $260 and was specifically for a Class A or Class C. This one also didn’t make my list.
The locks that made my list hit in my sweet spot of about $200 or less, have decent product reviews, or offer something unique as a nice feature.
Ultimately, I purchased the RVLock V4 and installed it on my trailer. You can see the install video below. That doesn’t mean that it is the only one you should consider. One of the other four locks on this list might meet your needs better.
1. RVLock V4 Keyless Entry Handle w/Integrated Keypad & Fob
The RVLock V4 Keyless Entry Handle w/Integrated Keypad & Fob is probably the leading contender for most people with travel trailer like mine. On Amazon, it is priced at about $200.
My trailer only has one door, but if you have a floorplan that has two, this is an excellent option because of the way the fobs work
- Comes with one key fob, and the key fob can control two locks
- Up to 10 key fobs can control each lock
- Extra key fobs are available from Amazon, so you can add more if you need them
- 4.6 stars on Amazon with 860 reviews
- The audible beeps it makes are surprisingly loud
- No backlit keypad
- Most expensive of the list
- Some negative reviews about the red lock latch breaking off.
Overall, this is the lock I purchased. This lock was the most expensive of the list, but still in my price range. There was enough sales volume and reviews to make me believe there was a real company behind it.
I’ve also seen forum posts from other RVers that have had good experiences with this product. It seems to work well for them and I think it will for me too.
The install and programing were a piece of cake. You can watch my install video below.
2. Latch.It Rv Keyless Entry Door Lock
The Latch.It RV lock was a very close runner up in my selection process. It was a little cheaper on Amazon.
- Was a little cheaper than the RVLock, and included TWO key fobs
- 4.7 Stars on Amazon
- Possibly more durable than other RV locks as this one is made from 100% metal
- IP67 waterproofing
- Backlit keypad for easy use at night
- They offer a 100% satisfaction refund
- Lifetime warranty
- While the reviews are generally positive, there just isn’t that many (65)
- The company’s website is a .org site. That doesn’t help me trust the product.
- I have never seen this brand before.
I think Latch.It is a fairly new company. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just something to consider.
When I try to compare the Latch.It RV lock to the RVLock, I think the Latch.It comes out slightly ahead. I felt the RVLock was a little more of a known quantity because I have seen and heard about the product before. I was uncomfortably taking a leap of faith on an unknown product.
If Latch.It continues on its current trend; it could very well take the top spot in 2022.
3. Carmtek – RV Keyless Entry Door Lock Latch Handle
I found the Carmtek RV Keyless Entry Door Lock almost every bit as good as the prior two. It was priced about the same on Amazon as the other two. The Carmtek has a sleek look that I think is a little nicer.
- Comes with one key fob
- Solid metal construction
- IP65 waterproofing
- 4.5 stars and 188 reviews on Amazon
- Backlit keypad
- Some of the negative reviews expressed customer service issues.
- The Amazon imagery looked a little too like generic stock imagery and made me not trust the company.
- There are some negative reviews on the key fob
This Carmtek RV lock is clearly a top option. In general, it is pretty similar to the prior two and worth considering. If you wanted a second key fob, Carmtek offers a bundle for about $20 more that comes with two.
4. AP Products 013-509 Electric Travel Trailer Lock
AP Products Electric Travel Trailer Lock is my budget pick for the top five. This lock is the lowest priced on Amazon in my top five. While it may not look as nice as the others on this list, it may still meet your needs.
AP Products Pros:
- 4 stars and 249 reviews on Amazon
- Backlit keypad
- Same easy install as more expensive options
AP Products Cons:
- Does not come with a key fob
- Surprising number of 1 star reviews.
- Reviews list customer service a major issue
Overall, the RV lock by AP Products is a decent option if you are looking for something a little cheaper than other options on this list. I never found an add on option for a key fob, so if that is a deal-breaker for you, stick to the other locks on this list.
5. RUPSE Zinc Alloy RV Keyless Entry Door Lock
The RUPSE Zinc Alloy RV Keyless Entry Door Lock is unique on this list. This RV lock is the only option that offers three different color variations. You can choose between black, silver, or gold versions. It is also the second cheapest option on Amazon.
- The second cheapest option in the top five
- Three different attractive colors
- Includes one key fob
- 3.9 stars and 107 reviews
- The reviews aren’t horrible, but they don’t overwhelm me
- The reviews reference poor instructions and inadequate quality assurance
- I think it is unlikely the company has any US presence, which is essential if you have warranty issues
Upgrading your RV with a keyless door lock is a great idea. The added peace of mind of knowing you can access your trailer or RV if you lose a key means a lot to me. I am always worried that one of my twins accidentally locks the door, and there is no easy way in.
Any of these top 5 options are easy to install. If you’re worried about that part of it, you shouldn’t.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade to one of these keyless entry door locks for next season.
If you are looking for some other easy RV improvements, check out our recommendations on how to improve your RV stability.
Sign up for our newsletter and get notified of all the latest RV news and gear! Don’t worry, we won’t spam you.
Hocking Hills is the crown jewel of Ohio’s natural wonders. It is a place filled with outdoor attractions, adventures, and relaxation. You’ll also find plenty of dining and shopping...
As I have gained experience in travel trailer towing mechanics, I have become interested in exploring additional options for improving the handling and safety of towing my 33-foot travel trailer...