So, you’ve finally decided to hit the road with your family for an RV trip. Where are you going? Florida keys, Yellowstone, or Grand Canyon? Wherever you decide to go, the question often boils down to this: Buy a brand new RV or go for a credible RV rental company like Cruise America? Deciding between buying and renting an RV can be difficult. There are pros and cons to either option.
I’m going to point out some of the major points to consider when making the decision.
Why you should rent an RV from Cruise America?
If you live in the US and only go on a vacation once a year, then renting might be the better option. Here’s why.
RV Rental Pros
- RV renters don’t have to worry about storing an RV all season long just for a single trip.
- You don’t need to manage ongoing maintenance, storage, and upkeep for an RV they don’t use on a regular basis.
- Renting an RV is a great opportunity to try before you buy. If you rent an RV for a trip or two, you may find you don’t like it as much as you thought you would.
- An RV can really make your trip more enjoyable. Even an RV with just standard equipment can come with AC, microwave, refrigerator, and a shower.
- If you buy an RV, you’ll need full RV insurance. We have additional information on top RV insurance companies here.
Of course, renting can have some drawbacks compared to buying your own RV.
RV Rental Cons
- It can be expensive. Standard RVs can approach $200/day. That can add a lot of expense for a trip if you’re not into the RV experience.
- It is not your RV. Someone else slept there, ate there, and used that shower. It has been cleaned, probably very well, but it still isn’t yours.
- You can’t just use it whenever you want. It isn’t sitting in a storage facility waiting on you. You’ll need to schedule the trip with the RV rental company.
- You can be subject to large fees if the rental RV damaged during your trip.
If you’re interested in trying RV rental out, check out Cruise America. They currently offer rental deals that vary by location. They have savings options to suit most needs.
Conclusion – Rent An RV From Cruise America or Buy?
The decision to rent or buy an RV is similar for renting for buying a car. If it is a short term need or want, paying a premium price and renting is probably the better option. If you know what you want, and are ready for a longer financial commitment, buying is the way to go.
How do you decide which travel trailer to buy? Each bunkhouse offered for sale has its pros and cons. If you follow, Go Together Go Far here or on our YouTube channel, you might know we have...
If you own a travel trailer or RV and live in a climate prone to freezing temperatures, you will need to use some type of antifreeze to ensure that the unit’s lines do not freeze. You may...